NOTE: The ability to sign up for training and access resources requires that you have your USC net ID and your 10-digit employee number. Those are provided after you have submitted your signed offer letter and after you have been set up in payroll.
To get your USC net ID and your 10-digit employee number, go to “first log-in“.
FOR ALL FACULTY
A comprehensive list of recommended tasks and information in preparation for your arrival can be found on the USC Employee Gateway. Below are the most commonly recommended activities for new faculty.
YOUR FIRST DAY
- Meet with your home department coordinator to finalize all payroll paperwork. A list of frequently asked questions is available on the USC payroll site.
- Meet with your department’s staff to get your office keys, view your lab space (if appropriate), get a tour of the facilities, and become familiar with your new office environment.
WITHIN THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF YOUR ARRIVAL
- View office locations on the Health Sciences Campus and University Park Campus.
- If you haven’t already, get your USCard, the university’s employee ID card.
- The card can be ordered online by uploading your picture or can be picked up in person at two locations on campus.
- University Park Campus: Parking Structure X or call (213) 740-8709.
- Health Sciences Campus: HSC Map or call (323) 442-2110.
- Hours for both locations: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Visit the USC Employee Gateway.
WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR ARRIVAL
- Sign up for USC Benefits. Contact the HR Service Center with your questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (213) 821-8100.
- Attend a new employee benefits orientation. (optional)
- Visit the USC Libraries Information for Faculty Page to activate your library privileges and access teaching and research materials.
WITHIN 60 DAYS OF YOUR ARRIVAL
- Complete your 2-hour Harassment Prevention Training online.
WITHIN THE FIRST FEW MONTHS OF YOUR ARRIVAL
- Familiarize yourself with the Faculty Handbook.
- Review the guidelines of suggested activities on the USC Employee Gateway to become familiar with university policies, working with minors, and other relevant guidelines.
- Review USC’s guidelines on health and safety and procedures for addressing injuries on the job.
- Review USC’s policy on conflict of interest in professional and business practices and conflict of interest in research.
- Meet with your department-assigned mentor for individualized orientation and acculturation to the university.
Last updated September 2022