THE ACADEMIC SENATE
The Academic Senate is the representative body of the entire faculty at USC. The Senate acts as a whole, or in committees and task forces, to address a wide range of academic and administrative issues. These include the primary concerns of advancing faculty rights, interests and responsibilities, and seeking to preserve and enrich USC as a thriving academic institution.
The members of the Academic Senate consist primarily of representatives elected by Faculty Councils at the various schools.
SCHOOL FACULTY COUNCILS
- USC School of Architecture
- USC Marshall School of Business
- USC Viterbi School of Engineering
- USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Keck School of Medicine of USC
- USC Thornton School of Music
- USC School of Social Work
Opportunities to participate in faculty governance abound at the department, school, and university-wide level. Faculty who wish to be considered for committee service should notify their respective Faculty Council chairs, department chairs or dean of faculty. Retired faculty should contact the Emeriti Center.