Professors Hannah Garry and Gerald Giaquinta set to go overseas as Fulbright scholars
For the first time in the school’s 121-year history, a faculty member from the USC Gould School of Law has been named a Fulbright scholar. She is one of two USC professors who will soon go abroad on a Fulbright award.
Hannah Garry, clinical professor of law and founding director of USC Gould’s International Human Rights Clinic, and Gerald Giaquinta, clinical professor at the USC Marshall School of Business and academic director of the World Bachelor in Business program, will use their awards to head overseas.
Garry’s research will take her to Oslo, Norway, where she will research the enforcement of international refugee law. Giaquinta hopes to strengthen the U.S.-Japan relationship. “Japan is one of the most important U.S. strategic partners both economically and politically in the Pacific Rim,” he said.
Appointment of New Distinguished and University Professors
Please join us in congratulating John Brooks Slaughter, Hanna Reisler, and Berislav Zlokovic as University Professors and Natalia Molina and Alan E. Willner in their new appointment as Distinguished Professors.
These exceptional faculty members have brought great distinction to the University. Recognizing each of them is an honor for President Folt and me. We look forward to celebrating their achievements at the annual Academic Honors Convocation this month.
Please join us in congratulating our colleagues on their new appointments.
The next call for nominations will be sent to the USC community at the start of the Fall semester. For an updated list of all USC University and Distinguished Professors, please visit https://www.provost.usc.edu/faculty-distinctions/university/.
USC has taken several significant actions to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, similar to steps the city of Los Angeles and other local municipalities have announced.
We are continuing to monitor the rapidly evolving situation in light of information from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health about the community spread of the virus in the county.
The university’s leadership will continue to monitor the situation closely and will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves.
COVID-19 updates for faculty link: https://sites.usc.edu/coronavirus/for-faculty/
Academic FAQ’s for students link: https://sites.usc.edu/coronavirus/students-academic-faqs/
Academic FAQ’s for faculty link: https://sites.usc.edu/coronavirus/faqs-academics/
Community Messages – Official Messages from USC link: https://sites.usc.edu/coronavirus/announcements/
Please view recent faculty-specific COVID-19 memorandums below:
- 04/29 – Exams
- 04/29 – Additional CET Online Teaching Intensives Announced
- 04/16 – USC Libraries Support for Online Teaching and Research
- 04/13 – Office of Research Update – Resources and Opportunities
- 04/10 – COVID-19 Cybersecurity Awareness for Faculty
- 04/04 – **NEW** Accelerated Institute to Help Move Summer Classes Online
- 03/26 – Personal Protective Equipment
- 03/25 – Extension of the Tenure Track Clock for all Probationary Faculty
- 03/25 – Message to Faculty Regarding Zoom Security Changes
- 03/17 – Expanded Research Guidelines
- 03/16 – COVID-19 Research Continuity Plan & Laboratory Research Continuity Checklist*
- 03/16 – Virus-Related Research at USC
- 03/15 – Training Sessions for Online Tests and Assessments