NOTE: The ability to sign up for training and access resources requires that you have your USC net ID and your 10-digit employee number. Those are provided after you have submitted your signed offer letter and after you have been set up in payroll.
To get your USC net ID and your 10-digit employee number, go to “first log-in“.
Your First Few Months
- Review the university’s policies and procedures on healthcare compliance.
- Review the university’s policies and procedures on HIPAA and complete the HIPAA Privacy Education Program online.
Human Research Subjects Protection Training
- If you will be dealing with human research subjects, you will first need to complete an initial course on human subject protection (CITI).
- The Office for the Protection of Research Subjects has produced a video with instructions for logging into CITI.
- Then approximately 1-2 weeks upon completion of the course, your iStar account will be created and initial login instructions will be emailed to you.
- Specific details can be found on the bottom of the iStar account set up page.
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Medical Group Application: if you will be a member of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Medical Group (CHLAMG), an application can be submitted up to 6 months prior to your start date
- Medical Staff Application: if you will require hospital privileges, the medical staff office will need a complete application at least 3 months prior to the start date. Applications must include CA Medical License and DEA certificate.
last updated August 13, 2013