Housing and Relocation
Access to program descriptions and application requirements of the different housing assistance programs may be found on the web site for the Office of USC Real Estate and Asset Management. Programs include the Faculty and Staff Housing Program, the Neighborhood Homeownership Program, and Relocation Assistance Services.
As a service to the university faculty and staff, a database of properties is also listed on the Faculty and Staff Housing main page. This database is listed only as a service to match individuals who wish to sell or rent their property to members of the USC community. All program applicants must still follow the required procedures to obtain housing assistance.
Where to Live
The Sol Price School of Public Policy has created a handout about living in Los Angeles. Page 3 of the handout provides some basic information on the most popular neighborhoods and cities near USC.
The Tourism and Convention Board of Los Angeles provides a general overview of the major regions of the city and information about the more popular cultural venues, sporting events and teams and attractions.
Childcare Options and Schools for Children
The USC Employee Gateway maintains a page of resources on childcare options in the Los Angeles region, including information on childcare centers located on the University Park Campus and Health Sciences Campus.
The USC Center for Work and Family life also offers family and dependent care resources.
The following links provide information on Los Angeles-area schools:
- Beverly Hills Unified School District
- Burbank Unified School District
- Glendale Unified School District
- Long Beach Unified School District
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District
- Pasadena Unified School District
- Redondo Beach Unified School District
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District
- Torrance Unified School District
- USC Family of Schools
- Los Angeles County Office of Education Public Schools Directory
- List of Los Angeles County Private Schools from Private School Review
The Office of USC Transportation provides information and access to the city’s public transit options (bus and rail systems (Metro) and commuter trains (Metrolink)) with a specific emphasis on options that serve the USC campus, including information on rideshare and traffic conditions.
Commuting and Parking
The USC Employee Gateway provides information on commuting and parking.
The university provides regular shuttle services to and from the University Park Campus to the Health Sciences Campus and to Union Station, the main railway station for Los Angeles.